Vice President of Programs
The mission of Jubilee Housing is building diverse, compassionate communities that create opportunities for everyone to thrive. Since 1973, Jubilee has worked to provide high quality affordable housing and holistic support to those experiencing persistent economic hardship in the Adams Morgan and Columbia Heights neighborhoods of Washington D.C. Jubilee operates ten properties totaling 299 units of affordable housing and offers robust programming for residents and community members pursuing life goals.
Jubilee Housing is an innovator in financing for affordable housing and a responsible steward of the investments it receives. Jubilee produces not simply affordable housing, but justice housing.
Justice housing is affordable to those with few financial assets, located in neighborhoods where resources such as good schools, grocery stores, and public transportation are readily accessible and near services that support residents as they pursue educational and career attainment.
Jubilee is seeking individuals who are excited about this concept and want to work with us to ensure Justice Housing becomes a reality for all Jubilee Residents who want to be a part of the Justice Housing Community.
Jubilee is seeking an experienced Vice President of Programs to lead a suite of in house and third-party partner programs and services for residents and families. The Vice President of Programs will lead and support a team who is currently focused on three program divisions:
- Resident Life programming that focuses on community building, resident leadership initiatives and efforts that support financial capability and asset building,
- Reentry Housing, a supportive housing program that welcomes men and women home from incarceration into a structured transitional housing setting and residents gain employment and rebuild social networks needed for lasting success, and
- Youth and Family Programming that includes a Family Resource Center that supports parents and youth alike as they go through the educational continuum from birth to college and career. Youth and Family programming also provides out of school time support for children and youth grades K-12, summer programming and a growing college prep and persistence effort known as Jubilee to College.
- Support program directors in the development and evolution of their programs to meet client needs
- Develop long range vision and overall strategic goals for program portfolio, insuring that core values permeate the work and responding to data from current programs
- Lead implementation of resident-centric approach that focuses on the experience of the resident or family, revising theories of change, logic models and program evaluation metrics as needed
- Manage program budgets and work closely with Finance to ensure fiscal discipline and financial sustainability of programs
- Work with Institutional Advancement to fundraise for program level needs and represent programmatic work to donors, and support the engagement of donors in Jubilee programs as volunteers and champions
- Partner closely with the Property Management team to provide seamless support to residents and families
- Develop and implement processes for regular data collection, outcome measurement, and program evaluation, and iterate programs based on the learnings provided. Monitor programs to ensure they are measuring and achieving desired outcomes
- Develop and implement robust process for program referrals with partner organizations and other neighborhood program providers.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred
- Proven Track record of leading development and implementation of program evaluation plans for program areas
- Minimum of four years’ experience managing teams, with demonstrated experience in leading through periods of growth and change
- Five plus years of building and leading multi-disciplinary program efforts that support families overcoming financial hardship and related challenges
- Experience leading multi-organizational partnerships and collaborations
- Demonstrated analytical and operational skills
The following attributes will be valuable to this role:
- Familiarity with non-profit housing development a plus.
- Excellent English language writing and briefing skills, as well as proficiency in Spanish preferred
- Ability to represent Jubilee Housing to external constituencies, including news media, Board members, individual and corporate members, senior business and government officials, VIPs, and donors.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please email your resume, a cover letter, and include why you would be an ideal candidate for this position, and how you learned of this position to email@example.com by March 26, 2018. Please reference the job title “Vice President of Programs” in the subject line.