Teen Services Manager
The mission of Jubilee Housing is to build diverse, compassionate communities that create opportunities for everyone to thrive. Since 1973, Jubilee has worked to provide high quality affordable housing and holistic support to those experiencing persistent economic hardship in the Adams Morgan and Columbia Heights neighborhoods of Washington D.C. Jubilee operates eight properties totaling 299 units of affordable housing and offers robust programming for residents and community members pursuing life goals.
Jubilee Housing is an innovator in financing for affordable housing and a responsible steward of the investments it receives. Jubilee produces not simply affordable housing, but justice housing.
Justice housing is affordable to those with few financial assets, located in neighborhoods where resources such as good schools, grocery stores, and public transportation are readily accessible and near services that support residents as they pursue educational and career attainment.
Jubilee is seeking a Teen Services Manager to develop a comprehensive Teen Program for Jubilee Housing residents ages 13 – 24 that includes college enrollment, workforce development and employment, educational support, and life skills development activities. This position will also develop and coordinate programming for a M – F drop-in Teen Center that houses most of the Teen Program services and activities. Concurrently, this position manages Jubilee Housing’s Jubilee to College Scholarship Program t
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and manage a M – F Teen Center for Jubilee Housing teens and young adults for engagement, education, programming, information about college and career, safe haven, and recreation
- Outreach and engage Jubilee Housing youth, 7th grade – 12th grade, 18- 24 year olds, and current Jubilee Housing college students to build relationships and to advance program development and execution
- Outreach and engage participant families and school and college staff to develop comprehensive college and career track programs and to support youth participation in them
- Organize and execute personal and professional development experiences for program participants that increase exposure to STEAM opportunities, college, and career
- Support the development and execution of Jubilee Housing’s Jubilee to College Scholarship Program by promoting use, preparing applicants, and providing administrative support for efficient operation
- Outreach and engage for-profit and nonprofit organizations to establish a pipeline of support for Jubilee youth related to personal enrichment, workforce development, college readiness, and post-graduation opportunities
- Execute tours of local and regional college campuses, possible work locations, and enrichment opportunities
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Family Services
- Outreach to 100% of verified JHI students, 7th – 12th grade, for relationship building, ascertaining goals for college or career and personal enrichment.
- 40% of eligible high school seniors who are likely to graduate in 2019 will be actively working with the Teen Services Manager to advance college or career goals.
- Outreach to 100% of Jubilee to College Scholarship recipients to build relationship and ascertain opportunities for support.
- The Teen Services Manager will be actively engaged with 50% of Jubilee to College Scholarship recipients on college retention with 70% of engaged college students remaining in college through graduation
- Outreach and engagement with 100% of the middle schools, high schools, and colleges that JHI students attend to build mutual platforms of support for college or career and appropriate information sharing
- Expand the use of Jubilee to College Scholarships by residents attending or planning to attend college.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in Education, Social Work or related field; or 5 years of full-time employment in teen services, programming or youth development for under-resourced young people
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- With a degree in the above mentioned fields, minimum of 3 years related full-time employment in education, support services to teens or young adults and direct experience in parent or community engagement and or youth development with under-resourced young people
- Minimum of 2 years managing a teen education and/or recreation facility
A strong candidate will have:
- Substantial experience in youth program development
- Substantial experience as a self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines and work independently and as part of a team
- Interpersonal skills and cultural competency, self-aware with the ability to reflect and adapt to diverse environments
- Project management skills with the ability to take a basic concept, develop a strategy and action plan with measurable outcomes and realistic tactics, and implement through completion
- The ability to work with multiple stakeholders including parents, primary and secondary schools, and local education leaders.
The following attributes will be valuable to this role:
- Commitment to social justice and a strengths based approach to working with young people
- Sound judgment
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Passion for developing and sustaining deep, meaningful relationships
- Creative problem solving
- Works well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Active spiritual grounding and appreciation of all spiritual traditions
Salary and Benefits:
Salary: $47,000 – $53,000/year
Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please email a resume and cover letter with your compensation history to Jubilee’s Director of Family Services. Include in your cover letter why you would be an ideal candidate for this position. Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .