Teen Renaissance Program Associate
The mission of Jubilee Housing is building diverse, compassionate communities that create opportunities for everyone to thrive. Since 1973, Jubilee has worked to provide high quality affordable housing and holistic support to those experiencing persistent economic hardship in the Adams Morgan and Columbia Heights neighborhoods of Washington D.C. Jubilee operates ten properties totaling 299 units of affordable housing and offers robust programming for residents and community members pursuing life goals.
Jubilee Housing is an innovator in financing for affordable housing and a responsible steward of the investments it receives. Jubilee produces not simply affordable housing, but justice housing.
Justice housing is affordable to those with few financial assets, located in neighborhoods where resources such as good schools, grocery stores, and public transportation are readily accessible and near services that support residents as they pursue educational and career attainment.
Jubilee is seeking individuals who are excited about this concept and want to work with us to ensure Justice Housing becomes a reality for all Jubilee Residents who want to be a part of the Justice Housing Community.
The Teen Renaissance Program Associate will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of the day to day operations of the after school and summer program for Jubilee Housing youth in grades sixth through twelfth. The Teen Renaissance Program Associate will report to the Teen Renaissance Program Coordinator, with additional guidance provided by Jubilee Housing’s Director of Youth and Family Services. This position is for permanent, full-time employment.
Principle responsibilities include:
- Assist in the implementation of Out of School Time and summer programming for youth in grades sixth through twelfth.
- Lead daily activities, including, but not limited to – tutoring, social emotional learning, and additional enrichment activities
- Lead groups of youth in a safe, professional, and respectful manner.
- Nurture a safe, respectful, challenging and inclusive environment
- Assist with outreach and communications for participant recruitment and retention
- Assist with the administering and collection of student and parent surveys;
- Update and maintain database input of all participants and program activities
- Establish and maintain communication with members of the staff about student needs and aspects of the after-school program.
- Develop positive relationships with parents.
- Provide support to volunteer tutors and mentors
- Support children’s emotional, academic, and social development, and maintain awareness of individual needs
- Support Program Coordinator with the implementation and tracking of individualized plans for each participant
- Support new program initiatives impacting Jubilee Housing, Platform of Hope, and additional partner organizations at the direction of the Director of Youth and Family Services and the Vice President of Programs
- Participate in the implementation of other program areas within Youth Services, including family programming and volunteer recruitment, training and support.
- Create a plan and coordinate transition efforts for participants moving within programs at Jubilee Youth Services
- Support new program initiatives impacting Jubilee Housing, Platform of Hope, and additional partner
- Other duties as assigned by the Teen Renaissance Program Coordinator and Director of Youth and Family Services.
- A commitment to supporting youth from low-income families/background
- BS/BA in child/youth development, education, social work or another related field
- Must undergo a comprehensive background check, including clearances for the National Sex Offender Registry and the District of Columbia Child Protection Registry, as well as FBI Background Checks.
- At least one year of experience working with inner-city youth
- Demonstrable experience working as part of a team
- Willingness to work weekday afternoon and evening hours
The following attributes will be valuable to this role:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to act quickly, calmly, and thoughtfully in a crisis
- Sound judgment
- Spanish fluency a plus, but not required
- Knowledgeable about the daily realities facing low-income families/individuals
- An appreciation of all spiritual traditions
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please email your resume and cover letter with your compensation history. Include in your cover letter how you learned of this position and why you would be an ideal candidate for this position. Please reference the job title in the subject line. Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by February 12, 2018.