Community Outreach Liaison Worker for Jubilee Re-entry Housing Initiative
Outreach is a very important aspect of how Jubilee ensures that our residents are receiving the maximum support and benefit of our program and the external community. Community outreach and having strong community partners has always been an integral part of our service delivery at Jubilee. Outreach at Jubilee consists of providing information to residents regarding services that are available to them within the life of Jubilee Housing and more importantly the services that are available to them in the community as well. We acknowledge that we cannot be everything which is why community outreach is so important to the work that we do.
- Work with the Jubilee Housing Re-entry Housing Initiative, DC Department of Corrections (DOC), the Correctional Treatment Facility (CTF), and the Federal Bureau of Prisons among other community organizations to educate them about Jubilee Housing and the programs and services offered to the Returning Citizens Community.
- Ability to travel weekly into the DC Department of Corrections facilities.
- Ability to travel into the Federal Bureau of Prison Facilities on a quarterly basis for up to three nights.
- Create and implement a community outreach plan.
- Participate in the recruitment and retention of participants for the Re-entry Housing Program which will include high risk individuals.
- Knowledge of the unique issues affecting high-risk communities and willingness to learn about culturally relevant interventions for people who inject drugs and people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Connect Jubilee Housing Re-entry Housing Initiative residents and the community to our programs as well as longer term housing options.
- Introduce potential residents and current residents to the program services that can aide in the long-term success as a resident here and beyond.
- Identify and coordinate community outreach activities.
- Serve as the liaison to other community groups identified by the Director of Re-Entry and/or work plan.
- Interpret the Jubilee Housing multidisciplinary approach and put in place a plan for how it will assist each resident as they move throughout our program.
- The Community Outreach Liaison will work toward strengthening the Jubilee spectrum of services by building and developing relationships between Jubilee Housing and external groups and organizations.
- Help foster community involvement, support and effective collaboration
- Keep meaningful data concerning services and using that data in ongoing program development and evaluation
- Serve as a link between members of the HIV/AIDS community, permanent housing organizations, apartment complexes and any other social services that are needed by and for our residents.
- Because of this role and the duties, it is necessary that the Community Outreach Liaison build trust with the internal Jubilee continuum as well as the external. A paramount aspect of the Community Outreach Liaison is to increase the breadth of knowledge of external resources to aide in our residents sustaining self-sufficiency once they exit our program.
Job Knowledge and Skills
- The ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail is required. Maintains focus on priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications. Knowledge of external communications and cultivation techniques are essential.
- A high degree of integrity in dealing with community organizations and people
- Ability to coordinate and lead committee meetings.
Salary and Benefits
- This is a part-time salaried position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please email your resume, a cover letter, and include why you would be an ideal candidate for this position, and how you learned of this position to email@example.com. Please reference “Community Outreach Liaison Worker” in the subject line.