For over 40 years, Jubilee Housing has provided safe, affordable housing and supportive services to low-income citizens in the Adams-Morgan neighborhood of Washington D.C. Currently Jubilee Housing owns and manages almost 300 units of affordable rental units while providing a range of supportive services to its residents including after school youth services as well as adult employment and education services.
This position aids the Institutional Advancement Department for Jubilee by clearly and effectively translating our culture, values, and tone into engaging, and dynamic written content. This position will be able to manage grants from identification to close-out and write persuasive, technically precise, compelling content for foundation, government, and corporate grant proposals.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage an active portfolio of >50 past, present and potential funders
- Manage the grant submission process for corporate, foundation, and government grant applications from start to finish, including drafting compelling letters of intent and full proposals, developing timelines, and producing interim and final reports.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports to foundation and corporate sources; and to coordinate the management, tracking and maintenance of records in Salesforce.
- Perform research on potential funders using Foundation Directory and other resources
- Work closely with executive, fundraising, finance, and program staff on all aspects of grant development.
- Maintain a detailed, prioritized grants calendar to ensure timely creation and submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports.
- Conduct prospect research on potential funders in new and existing markets, and evaluate grant opportunities sourced by the development and program teams.
- Assist with internal quality control and copy editing by reviewing program reports
- Stay informed on the latest funding, policy, and programmatic trends in housing, education, and reentry.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Minimum of two years grant writing experience for a mid-sized non-profit institution
- Experience with CRM systems; experience with Salesforce CRM a plus
- Impeccable written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to produce and edit clear, creative, structured, articulate, and persuasive business communications and funding appeals.
- Intermediate understanding of budgets and financial statements
- Process, discipline, and organization fanatic who takes initiative, works with a sense of urgency, prioritizes and maximizes time, creates systems, and reliably develops and executes strategy.
- Ability to assimilate and convey conceptually complicated information in a succinct and compelling way, tailored to different audiences as needed.
- Ability to take criticism and coaching constructively.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and adaptable. Comfortable working in a fast-paced, ever-changing non-profit environment.
- Relentlessly resourceful researcher and analyzer.
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Comfortable with a spiritually grounded work place.
- Passion for Jubilee’s mission.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please email your resume, a writing sample and a cover letter with your compensation history and why you are an ideal candidate for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your cover letter how you learned of this position. Please include the job title in the subject line.