For over 40 years, Jubilee Housing has provided safe, affordable housing and supportive services to low-income citizens in the Adams-Morgan neighborhood of Washington D.C. Currently Jubilee Housing owns and manages almost 300 units of affordable rental units while providing a range of supportive services to its residents including after school youth services as well as adult employment and education services.
This position has lead, day-to-day responsibility for Jubilee’s communications products, tactics, and strategy, including social media. The person in this role clearly and effectively translates Jubilee’s objectives, values, and messages into compelling written or spoken content. He or she works closely with the VP of Institutional Advancement and Executive Director to develop Jubilee’s messages, in accordance with the organization’s strategic plan, and to help others in the organization, including board, management, and staff, use those messages. This position reports to the VP of Institutional Advancement.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Write talking points, web content, newsletter copy, news releases, social media posts, and other communications materials. Ensure highest quality on all products.
- Work closely with VP of Institutional Advancement to shape messages and communications initiatives and implement both.
- Responsible for all website and social media updates.
- Develop presentations for the executive director and/or development team.
- Assist with organizational quality control by copy editing various departments’ external communications, as requested by VP of Institutional Advancement.
- Handle special communications projects such as reports, fact sheets, infographics.
- Maintain up-to-date web content and marketing materials.
- Responsible for all social media marketing on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Assist with marketing of events and ticket management system.
- Work closely with key program staff to understand Jubilee’s programs and articulate them effectively.
- Stay current on policy and programmatic trends in housing, education, and reentry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- More than three years of writing experience required.
- Significant knowledge of marketing using social media.
- Experience with communications strategies and tactics a plus.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to produce and edit clear, creative, well-organized, and persuasive communications.
- Ability to convey conceptually complicated information in succinct and compelling ways, tailored to different audiences, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Disciplined, initiative-taker who works with a sense of urgency and is capable of juggling priorities.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to take criticism and coaching constructively.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and adaptable; capable of working in a fast-paced, ever-changing non-profit environment.
- Comfortable with a spiritually grounded work place.
- Strong interest and appreciation for Jubilee Housing’s programs.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance, STD, LTD, and Life insurances, paid vacation, sick leave, holidays, transportation stipend and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please email your resume, a writing sample and a cover letter with your compensation history and why you are an ideal candidate for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in your cover letter how you learned of this position. Please include the job title in the subject line.