Since 1973, Jubilee Housing has provided safe, affordable housing and supportive services to low-income citizens in the Adams-Morgan neighborhood of Washington D.C. Housing more than 650 individuals and families, Jubilee Housing has become a model for other programs around the country seeking an effective response to the urban affordable housing crisis. More than just “bricks and mortar,” Jubilee provides a stable context for people to live into their hopes, their dreams and their fullest potential.
Jubilee Housing seeks a full-time Compliance Specialist for 8 residential properties (299 units) located in the Adams Morgan/Columbia Heights neighborhood.
The Compliance Specialist (CS) is responsible for the organizations compliance under LIHTC (Tax Credit) program and implementation of reporting requirements. The CS works with the Facilities Property Manager (FPM), Administrative Property Manager (APM), maintenance team and VP of Property Management and Development.
In addition to meeting property goals, the Compliance Specialist is an integral part of meeting resident life goals as well.
- Responsible for initial certifications and annual re-certifications.
- Ensure compliance with all LIHTC rules and regulations.
- Work closely with various DC agencies (DCHA, DBH, DHS, DHCD, DCRA)
- Assist with managing the various rental subsides (HVCP, LRSP, MFP, HOME FIRST)
- Assist in leading team by example, adhering to and appropriately updating all written policies and procedures.
- Assists with processing new applications and set up in OneSite.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of forms, reports and financial data for all households.
- Resolve resident concerns.
- Other assigned duties and projects.
- Thorough knowledge of apartment management and Fair Housing Laws.
- Extensive experience with LIHTC certification and compliance.
- Basic computer knowledge in Word, Excel, OneSite, Outlook and Internet.
- Enjoys being part of a diverse team.
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills (Inspiring).
- Ability to supervise and motivate associates to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision (Independent).
- Ability to delegate and supervise projects effectively.
- Excellent communication and writing skills and ability to interact with different personality types (Customer Oriented)
- Highly organized and attentive to details.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be evaluated on an individual basis.
- Real Estate training, certifications or licensing preferred.
- Tax Credit (LIHTC) certification / HCCP certification preferred / experience a must.
- Business School, college or other accredited courses in management, accounting, finance or marketing.
Work Experience Minimum:
- Five years of property management experience
- Two to four years of Multi-Family / Tax Credit management experience in a supervisory capacity with proven track record of achievements is required.
The following attributes will be valuable to this role:
- English-Spanish bilingual a plus, but not required
- Knowledgeable about the daily realities facing low-income families/individuals
- Ability to act calmly, quickly, and thoughtfully in a crisis situation
- An active spiritual grounding
Salary and Benefits
Salary range is 40K to 50K annually. Benefits include paid holidays, sick and vacation leave, health and dental insurance and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please submit resume and cover letter with compensation history and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Jubilee Housing, please visit our website at www.jubileehousing.org