Bilingual Program Coordinator
The Platform of Hope (POH) is a pilot initiative that provides holistic and self-directed support for cohorts of individuals experiencing economic vulnerability in the rapidly gentrifying Adams Morgan neighborhood of northwest Washington, D.C. Led by a Steering Committee of six collaborating nonprofit partners—Capital Area Asset Builders, For Love of Children, Jubilee Housing, Jubilee Jumpstart, Mary’s Center, and Sitar Arts Center—the initiative was created to help stem the displacement of the diverse families living in the community, and to ensure that people of all backgrounds and income levels are valued, supported, and able to live their fullest lives in our neighborhood.
Our Guiding Principles
Grounded in our shared aspiration for the community and belief in the innate potential of all individuals and families, three key guiding principles govern the work of the Strategic Alliance:
- We confront inequity. We commit to acknowledging, understanding, and confronting persistent racial inequity, as well as other persistent systems of exclusion and inaccessibility.
- We listen to families. We will center our work around the voices of the Platform of Hope families, considering their interests, desires, strategies, and solutions and ensuring that our collective work is connected to the needs and hopes of our community.
- We are open and responsive. We will be open, transparent, and reflective about the effectiveness of our work, and willing to adjust our program goals, services, approach, and target outcomes in response to what we learn.
The Platform of Hope Steering Committee
Rich Petersen, Executive Director – Capital Area Asset Builders
Maria Gomez, President & CEO – Mary’s Center
Brandelynn Anderson, Interim Executive Director – For Love of Children
Maureen Dwyer, Executive Director – Sitars Arts Center
Jim Knight, Executive Director – Jubilee Housing
Dee Dee Parker Wright, Executive Director – Jubilee Jumpstart
Sylvia Stokes, Project Lead – The Platform of Hope
In order for the Platform of Hope to achieve its ambitious mission, a caring, dynamic and detail-oriented coordinator is required. The Bilingual Program Coordinator will be part of a small team responsible for driving the Platform of Hope’s work forward supporting day-to-day communications, day-to-day administration, family and community engagement, and data functions.
The Bilingual Program Coordinator will provide day-to-day support and facilitation of the Platform of Hope effort. Key responsibilities include:
Working with Participant Families:
- Establishing supportive, professional relationships with all participant families;
- Working with Family Care Lead to ensure Family Saturday Sessions are coordinated and organized and that families are contacted and in attendance;
- Fill in for Family Care Lead when necessary in meeting with families, attending Platform meetings and events;
- Assisting with and following up on referrals for families.
Working with Community Partners:
- Developing and maintaining a resource base of community partners and upcoming events;
- Organizing outreach against that list of community partners and upcoming events, including following-up as needed.
- In partnership with Family Care Lead, providing support to partner organizations in aligning their work to the Common Agenda (e.g., identifying opportunities for program work to support specific goals).
- Supporting VP with communication of the objectives of the Platform of Hope to the community and potential Allied and Supporting Partners, including sharing the Common Agenda, Blueprint, or other collateral;
- Supporting VP with facilitating ongoing communication between the Platform of Hope Allied and Supporting Partners by hosting regular conference calls, in-person meetings, or coordinating regular email updates to ensure alignment of activity;
- Planning and managing logistics of, and attending, community events;
- Supporting VP with creating or managing regular summary reports of Platform of Hope progress for Steering Committee and external audiences; and
- Assisting VP and Family Care Lead with necessary communications such as:
- Developing communications materials as Platform of Hope evolves, potentially including summary documents, brochures, FAQs, and other items;
- Developing web and social media strategy.
Data Collection, Analysis and Reporting:
- Overseeing and completing data entry into Apricot for attendance at family events and activities;
- Supporting and ensuring complete and accurate data entry by supporting partners and families;
- Supporting VP in ensuring all Allied and Supporting Partners are aware of targets and indicators.
First and foremost, the Bilingual Program Coordinator must be committed to the mission and overarching goals of the Platform of Hope.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 3 years work experience including 1 or more years of direct work or case management with vulnerable families;
- Proven community outreach and coordination experience;
- Demonstrated success in building and maintaining relationships with senior executives;
- The presence to inspire confidence and passion in external audiences and to build effective relationships with a range of stakeholders;
- Ability to thrive in a fluid, unstructured, entrepreneurial environment without formal training;
- Flexibility and the ability to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed;
- Commitment to the collective impact concepts;;
- Strong community engagement and facilitation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral);
- Experience with data entry and/or data management; and
- Existing relationships with, or ability to build relationships with, a cross-sectoral range of stakeholders in the local or regional area, including senior executives.
- Experience in a startup environment;
- Familiarity with the local area and focus of the initiative
- Spanish language ability required
The Bilingual Program Coordinator will ultimately be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with families and the community, day-to-day coordination of the effort and its many moving parts, and being part of a highly functioning team. The Bilingual Program Coordinator will report to the Platform of Hope Vice President.
Position Status, Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health, vision, and dental insurance; short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurances; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; a transportation stipend; and a matched contribution retirement plan.
Please send all questions, as well as resumes and cover letters with “Bilingual Program Coordinator – POH” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Jubilee Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks a diverse slate of qualified candidates for consideration.